Saturday, October 8, 2011

You're my wonderwall


he was a punk.
she did ballet.
what more can I say?







i did him wrong.
i was never, no i was never enough
but i can try, i can try to toughen up.


i listened when they told me
if he burns you let him go.

change is hard
i should know
i should know.




nobody said it was easy
its such a shame for us to part

nobody said it was easy
no one ever said it would be this hard

oh, take me back to the start.
I was just guessing
at numbers and figures
pulling the puzzles apart
questions of science
science and progress

do not speak as loud as my heart



what about your
your ten thousand promises
that you gave to me
your ten thousand promises
that you promised me



i love you
i have loved you all along
and i miss you
from far away
for far too long

i keep dreaming
you'll be with me
and you'll never go
stop breathing
if i don't see you anymore


i'd give it all
i'd give for us
give anything
but i wont give up


and fate has led you through it

you do what you have to do

and i have the sense to recognize
that i don't know how to let you go


i know i can't be with you
i do what i have to do

i know i can't be with you
i do what i have to do


and i have the sense to recognize
but i don't know how to let you go




it doesn't matter what I want
it doesn't matter what I need
you've been on a road
don't know where it goes
or where it leads

it doesn't matter what I want
it doesn't matter what I need
if you've made up your mind to go
I won't beg you to stay

you've been in a cage
throw you to the wind,
you fly away



easy come and easy go
has never been the case
dreams of you are hard to erase
call me crazy, call me mad
call me what you will
but i'm sane enough to know that i love you still

they say that life goes on
but i've been dead since you've been gone
i think they were wrong
so who's the fool?

i am ever after you
always ever after you
just tell me what i have to do
is there a way
to be happy
ever after you?



something's wrong with your mind
it won't think of me anymore

we've fallen out of grace again
could be the beginning of the end

don't you miss the way we were?
don't you wish we made that turn?

the best times are far gone
all that's left is to forget
still I seem to hang on
to me it's not over

should have known better
that you'd be the one to do this to me
should have known better
'cause I need you now

I never knew that hell could get so cold





lost and insecure, you found me
you found me

and I've been calling for years and years
and years and years
and you never left me no messages
you never sent me no letters
you've got some nerve
taking all I want



oh, it's what you do to me
what you do to me

a thousand miles seems pretty far
but they've got planes and trains and cars
i'd walk to you if i had no other way

our friends would all make fun of us
and we'll just laugh along because
we know that none of them have felt this way

hey there delilah
you be good
and don't you miss me
two more years and you'll be done with school
and i'll be making history like i do
you'll know it's all because of you

oh, it's what you do to me



i don't mind where you come from
as long as you come to me

i don't care
no, i wouldn't dare
to fix the twist in you

i don't mind
i don't care
as long as you're here


go ahead tell me you'll leave again
and i'll take you for who you are
if you take me for everything
do it all over again


it's all the same



day after day
time pass away
and I just can't
get you off my mind

night after night
I hear myself say
"why can't this feeling
just fade away?"

there's no one like you
you speak to my heart
it's such a shame
that we're worlds apart

but if I let you go
I will never know
what my life would be
holding you close to me



will I ever see you smiling back at me?
how will I know, if I let you go?







... but ain't no talking to this man.
he's been trying to tell me so.

it took awhile to understand
the beauty of just letting go

'cause it would take an acrobat
and I've already tried all that

... I'm gonna let him fly.


No comments:

Post a Comment